I have always pushed myself to be the very best I could when it came to sports, especially when it came to baseball. I always wanted to hit the ball the furthest, throw the ball the hardest, and run the fastest. Being able to accomplish those feats takes a lot of practice, hard work, and dedication. That is where physical activity took over for me. I was not the tallest, strongest, or most physically fit so I had to work for everything. I remember coming into my freshman year and going into the tryouts. My goal for the end of that year was to earn a starting role. I worked so hard in practices and pushed myself every day that I ended up earning a starting role as a DH about a quarter of the way through my freshman season and ended up taking the starting first baseman spot from a Senior. I finished the season strong by batting over .400 in sectionals. I continued to work hard and by my Senior year I was the leader of the baseball team playing a majority of the games at short stop and then some in centerfield. I will never forget all of the hard work and effort I put into getting what I had earned and deserved. It was a great feeling and I plan to pass those lessons on to my future students and children.
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."
No comments:
Post a Comment